Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Vocabulary List




1. Benefit : noun , a helpful or good effect, There is a good benefit to be had from this course.

2. Create : verb, to make something new, especially to invent something,
My dream is to create a new car working by water.

3. Establish : verb, to start a company or organization that will continue for a long time, Dubai government wants to establish a metro.

4. Method :noun, a particular way of doing something, I like Mary’s method in the class.

5. Laborers: noun, practical works, doing physical labors, There are many laborers in Al Masood Company.

6. Restrict: verb, to keep within certain limit, There are restrictions on flights from UK airports because of volcanic ash in Iceland.

7. Compute: verb, to calculate, I taught my young brother how to compute money.

8. Assess: verb, estimating the value or chances of something, Can you assess my grade in this course?

9. Acquire: verb, to obtain or have something by hard work, I acquired a new skill from driving in the desert.

10. Context: noun, something written or said after a word which affects its meaning, I understand the meaning from the context of the talk.

11. Distinction: adjective, something shown or visible and noticed, I hope to get a distinction in the course.

12. Strategy: noun, The art of planning in wars for military, The DOT have a new strategy in Abu Dhabi.

13. Interpret: verb, translating languages, He is German and speaks no Japanese. She is Japanese and speaks no German. They need someone to interpret if they are going to communicate.

14. Institute: noun, an organization or a building for the organization, I was studying in the petroleum institute.

15. Feature: noun, a typical quality or an important part of something, My friends have a lot of features like honesty.

16. Region: noun, a particular area or part of the world, I was living in this region for two years.


17. Injure: verb, to hurt or cause physical harm to a person or animal, I played soccer and I have now injured my foot.

18. Ensure: verb, to make something certain to happen, To ensure your safety, follow the correct workshop procedure.

19. Primary: adjective, a more important than anything else, I was studying in this primary school.

20. Culture, noun, the quality in a person or society that arises from a concern for what is regarded as excellent in arts, letters, manners, scholarly pursuits, I don’t hear about USA culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment